Repairs, renovations and upgrades throughout
Starting the week of Feb. 2, concession stands located outside of Sections 5 and 14 on the Main Concourse and Sections 215 and 231 on the Balcony Level will be temporarily closed. Fans sitting in these sections are asked to please visit other nearby concession stands. This web page will be updated once these stands re-open or other stands close.
As part of the 2014 agreement with the Capital Improvement Board, Bankers Life Fieldhouse is in the midst of a number of projects to refurbish, repair and improve the 15-year-old downtown Indianapolis landmark.
- New large LED screens in the Entry Pavilion, main concourse pavilions and balcony pavilions, enabling fans to follow game action and view important information even as they purchase concession items.
- Upgrades to concession stands and concession equipment on the main concourse and balcony levels. No more than four concession stands will be closed at any one time, and those closures will be augmented by the presence of portable concession carts. Concession stand work will continue through the Indiana Fever’s 2015 WNBA season.
- Replacement of flooring throughout the Fieldhouse, including the flooring in the pedestrian bridge leading from the Virginia Avenue Parking Garage to the Fieldhouse.
- All 48 restrooms in the Fieldhouse are being deep-cleaned and resealed and all doors and walls in the public areas are being painted.
- Repair and sealing of the loading dock and ramp and the installation of high-speed overhead doors.
- Upgrades and improvements to the water softener and the water system.
- A new Zamboni for ice shows and hockey.
- Large fans to improve air circulation and temperature control in the Entry Pavilion.
- A total refresh of the marketing and sales areas.
- A refurbished locker room for the Indiana Fever.
- Terrazzo resurfacing on the main concourse and balcony
- Replacement of the curtains.
- Installation of two cooling towers.
- New IT infrastructure.
During the construction period, fans will be guided by “Pardon Our Dust” signs featuring Pacers mascot Boomer wearing a hard hat. Pacers Sports & Entertainment thanks visitors to Bankers Life Fieldhouse for their patience while these improvements are made.